Small body. Lives in groups in the sea. If there is light, this school of fish will approach. That’s why they are easy to catch.
- Anchovies are small fish that live in groups and have a maximum length of 5 cm.
- We can find anchovies on the shores of the Atlantic, Indian, and Pacific Oceans.
- Fishermen catch anchovies in the sea at night, when the moon is dark.
- Anchovies love light. Therefore, to catch it using the light of the lamp. The light will make schools of anchovies approach. So it is easy for fishermen to catch it.
- Nets for catching anchovies are called lift nets. The shape is four rectangles.
- However, there are also types of anchovy that can reach up to 40 cm in length!
- The body shape is like a torpedo. The muzzle is blunt, the teeth are small and sharp.
- Anchovy loves to eat plankton.
- The famous fish sauce in Vietnam is made with anchovy as the main ingredient.
- In areas near the Straits of Malacca and the South China Sea, anchovies are usually fried and served with chili sauce and warm rice or nasi lemak.
- Anchovies are members of the Engraulidae tribe, their body color is silver-blue-green.
- Anchovy is a group of oily fish, fish whose flesh contains oil.
- Anchovy contains protein, fat, calcium, iron, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, niacin, folate, vitamin A, and vitamin E.
- Because of its delicious taste and smell, anchovy is loved by many people.
- In Ancient Rome, anchovy was the main ingredient in a fermented fish sauce called garum. Garum can be stored for a long time so that it can be sold to places far from the coast.
- By eating anchovies, we can maintain a healthy heart, bones, and brain.
- Another way to preserve anchovies is by salting them. This salting process makes the color of the anchovy skin which was bluish-green to gray.
Baca juga: Do You Know? Guinea Pig, Adorable Little One