Dairy cows are cows that are specially bred for milk. Shhh… this cow loves to listen to classical music!
- Dairy cows (Bos taurus) are bred because they produce a lot of milk.
- There are several types of dairy cattle, namely Ayshire cattle, Swiss Brown cattle, and Holstein-Friesian cattle.
- Dairy cows that produce milk are female cows.
- In order to continue to produce milk, a dairy cow must give birth to calves.
- Throughout its life, a dairy cow can produce 200,000 glasses of milk.
- Dairy cows can live up to 20 years.
- Dairy cows don’t like high temperatures. If it is hot, it will produce less milk.
- Dairy cows like to eat grass, hay, and grains that contain protein and fiber.
- India is the largest dairy producer in the world. Cow’s milk produced by India reaches 146.31 million tons every year. Wow!
- Shhh.. dairy cows love to listen to classical music. According to research results, milk production increases when classical music is played.
- Raw cow’s milk can be contaminated with harmful bacteria such as Salmonella and E. coli. Therefore, before drinking, cow’s milk must be heated to a certain temperature or by pasteurization and ultra-heat treatment (UHT).
Baca juga: Do You Know? Camel, Hold Not Eating for Days